FESTIVAL CHANGES – IMPORTANT INFO
We hope the email subject got your attention 😜 Please take the time to read through this entire update to find out what changes may impact you.
Bashville is taking shape and our crew and volunteers are working hard to get the festival site ready for your arrival! With the forecast rain, site preparation has been accelerated, set up is ahead of schedule and Bashville is looking better than ever!
The event team was briefed by the Bureau of Meteorology this morning on weather conditions in the lead up to, and throughout festival week. The current forecast is for some rain (up to 10mm) on Wednesday, followed by dry days on Thurs and Fri. More rain is forecast for the weekend, primarily on Sunday. At this stage the forecast indicates there could be up to 10-15mm, however as this forecast is 5 days away, it may change.
Festival week from Monday onwards, including roll out, is expected to be dry.
UPDATES TO ROLL IN
Changes to Roll In for 2 Day Early Entry Ticket holders ONLY
- Based on current weather forecasts, Sunday 2nd July Roll In will be suspended.
- 2 Day Early Entry ticket holders, will have the option to roll in on Fri 30th June from 8am (and possibly Saturday 1st July from 8am weather pending).
- If you are unable to roll in during these earlier times, you will be able to roll in anytime from when roll in resumes on Monday 3rd July.
- If you are choosing to roll in early, you need to come prepared:
- Site amenities are minimal – no vendors, it’s a 30 minutes drive to Birdsville Health Clinic.
- As per the site rules, you are responsible for containing your own blackwater until you leave site. Compost toilets are available.
- No vehicle movements will be permitted while the site is wet as this will prolong the dry out period for further vehicles to enter.
- The same campsite rules will apply in regards to vehicle movements, camping with a group, generator use etc. You can review Bashville site rules here.
- Bashville is still under construction, so please be mindful of working crew and vehicles
- If these changes don’t suit your camping set up, or if you won’t arrive in time, or if you don’t want to be camped at the festival site for this extended duration you should choose to stay in Birdsville until such time you can roll in on Monday 3rd July.
1 Day Early Entry & General Entry
- It’s expected that 1 Day Early Entry (Mon 3rd July) and General Entry (Tues 4th July) ticket holders can roll in as planned.
- Any 2 Day Early Entry ticket holders who have not rolled in earlier can enter during roll in hours from Monday 3rd July.
The Ticket Office will open early for 2 Day Early Entry ticket holders ONLY, to exchange their e-tickets for wristbands and vehicle stickers at the Wirrari Visitor Information Centre.
Open Hours (for 2 Day Early Entry ticket holders ONLY)
- Thurs 29th June – 12pm – 5pm
- Friday 30th June 8am – 5pm
Open Hours (for all ticket holders)
- Saturday 1st July to Wednesday 5th July – 9am-5pm
- Thursday 6th July, 9am-3pm
Hot Tip: If you have pre-registered for Blue Day, exchange your e-ticket for your Blue Wig at the same time!
For the latest road update please refer to the Birdsville Police Report dated 27th June 2023.
ROAD FROM BIRDSVILLE TO BIG RED
If roll in on Sunday 2nd July is suspended, this road will be closed. Please remain in Birdsville until roll in resumes. We will be keeping all patrons updated.
BIG RED DUNE CLOSURE
Due to the earlier roll in, vehicle access to Big Red dune will be closed from 7am Friday 30th June until 7am Saturday 8th July.
The resilient townsfolk of Birdsville are geared up and ready for your arrival! Please remember to give your thanks and praise to the awesome businesses and locals that will pull out all stops to welcome and support travelers whether passing through or staying a while.
Bowser space is limited. If camping in town, please unhitch your van and set up camp, then fill up. Please go inside to pay for your fuel, then move your car before making other purchases.
- Birdsville Roadhouse Business hours
Fri 30 to Mon 3 7am-7pm
Tues 4 to Thu 6 8am-6pm
Sat 8 onwards 8am-6pm
- Birdsville Fuel Service Business Hours
Fri 30 to Mon 3 7am-6pm
Tues 4 to Thu 6 8am-6pm
Sat 8 onwards 8am-6pm
Barista coffee and a range of snacks available all day at the Lizard Bar.
Pub lunches available daily 12 – 2.30pm.
Dinner is served in the beer garden 5-7pm and 7.30-9pm. PRE BOOK ONLINE to secure your preferred date and service time.
Take away liquor sales at front bar daily from 9am.
Follow Birdsville Hotel Facebook for updates.
Over the Big Red Bash period Birdsville Aviation will be conducting their popular scenic flight experiences. These flights showcase the region’s best aerial views as well as the rock
and roll city of ‘Bashville’. Eyre Creek is of significant interest as it seldom sees
the huge water inflows as it has done this year. When floods do occur, it becomes an
outstanding spectacle as it pushes its course between countless dunes of the Simpson
Desert. Further to the north, Lake Machattie and its unique channel country is full of water and teaming with birdlife and can be experienced on our slightly longer flight.
All flights are conducted in high wing aircraft for uninterrupted views.