What we expect from you
As a volunteer at the Big Red Bash, we contribute to the success of the event by;
- Exhibiting at all times a positive and friendly approach so that attendees and fellow volunteers have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Acknowledging the importance of our individual contributions to the total effort involved in providing a happy and comfortable, yet safe and structured environment.
- Always being mindful of situations requiring attention or resolution. This may involve alerting the appropriate teams of injury, illness, ticketing issues, unacceptable behaviour or within reason, resolving the issue on the spot (such as ad hoc rubbish removal etc).
- Respecting and working as a team to the best of our ability.
- Remaining flexible regarding my shifts and roles if circumstances or conditions at the Bash change (if this happens organisers will work with you to minimise disruption or inconvenience).
- Remaining punctual and showing up for shifts on time. Being considerate to your fellow team members and shift managers.
- Respecting all people regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age or sexual orientation.
- Be aware of any issues that may cause problems and report them to a Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Following health and safety practices and policies (you will be informed of these once you become a volunteer).
- We need all vols to declare any past or current criminal convictions so we can make a judgement about your suitability to join our team. Note that having some types of criminal history does not necessarily preclude you from a role at the event.
- The event has a zero-alcohol and drug policy for volunteers in all roles (so plan ahead and don’t have a big night if you’re working the next morning). Please refrain from drinking until your shift is over.
- Not selling any products or services (including internet or wifi) on the event site.
Terms of Agreement
- I agree to abide by the Volunteer Code of Conduct
- I agree to declare any current or past criminal convictions.
- If the position I am applying for requires a Working With Children Check or a Police Background Check I agree to obtain and submit these documents. There is a place in the Volunteer Portal to upload these documents.
- I agree to carry out my volunteer tasks according to the rostered hours, at the discretion of the Volunteer Manager.
- I understand that if conditions or circumstances change I may need to change roles.
- I agree to contact a Volunteer Coordinator or the Volunteer Manager as early as possible if circumstances prevent my being able to undertake volunteering at the event or if I’m unable to commence my shift.
- I agree not to talk to the media or make public or social media comments about incidents or operational matters either during or after the event. (If someone approaches you with media enquiries, please direct them to the Media Liaison Officer located at the admin tent).
- If I breach the Volunteer Code of Conduct, I acknowledge I may be relieved of my duties and escorted from the event site. Such conduct may also result in denial of future volunteer applications.